What does it meant to become a cooperative member?
As a customer of a cooperative such as West River Cooperative Telephone Company, you become an owner, too. The cooperative business philosophy opens the door of opportunity to all members to an active role in the business. Cooperatives allow you to voice your concerns at annual meetings and to run for the board of directors. The “one member, one vote” philosophy gives all members an equal voice.
There are many reasons to join a cooperative, including:
- Get access to great products and services.
- Be heard. Your voice counts — your co-op truly cares what you think.
- Be part of a values-based organization that puts people ahead of profit.
- Share in the financial success of the organization.
- Contribute to a thriving local economy.
- Invest in a business that is locally owned and democratically controlled.
- Be part of a strong and proud cooperative tradition.
- Help change the way business is conducted in America and around the world.
- Receiving money back in the form of a capital credit check, which is based on what you spend on services.
Cooperatives are leaders in building stronger and healthier communities.